National anthem of Djibouti
The national anthem is Djibouti was adopted upon independence from France in 1977. The words are by Aden Elmi and the melody is by Abdi Robleh.
English transliteration of Somali
- Hinjinne u sara kaca
- Calankaan harraad iyo
- Haydaar u mudateen.
- Hir cagaarku qariyayiyo
- Habkay samadu tahayoo
- Xiddig dhi igleh hoorshoo
- Caddaan lagu hadheeyaay.
- Maxaa haybad kugu yaal!
- Arise with strength; For we have raised our flag,
- The flag which has cost us dear
- With extremes of thirst and pain.
- Our flag, whose colours are the everlasting green of the earth,
- The blue of the sky, and white, the colour of peace;
- And in the centre the red star of blood.
- Oh flag of ours, what a glorious sight!
- MIDI File (http://www.copsrus.com/anthems/djibouti.mid)