North Dakota Democratic-NPL Party
The Democratic-Nonpartisan League (abbreviated Democratic-NPL or Dem-NPL) is a North Dakota political party affiliated with the United States Democratic Party.
It was formed in 1956 by the merger of the state Democratic Party with the Non-Partisan League.
- United States Senate: Kent Conrad, Byron Dorgan
- United States Congress: Earl Pomeroy
- Agriculture Commissioner: Roger Johnson
- State Treasurer: Kathi Gilmore
- Superintendent of Public Instruction: Wayne Sanstead
- House Minority Leader: Merle Boucher
- Senate Minority Leader: David O'Connell
Statewide candidates are chosen by delegates to the party caucus prior to the election. In 2004, the convention was held 2 April to 4 April in Fargo, at the civic auditorium.
Public Service Commissioner:
- Ron Gumeringer, civil servant
- Mike Every, Assistant Senate Minority Leader (withdrawn from race, replacement pending)
The Democratic-NPL also nominates 2 State House and 1 State Senate candidates from each legislative district at district conventions. There are currently 47 legislative districts in North Dakota.
- North Dakota Democratic-NPL website (http://www.demnpl.com/)